Make your trip from Kauai to Pearl Harbor the most memorable by choosing one of the many tours available. By selecting the right tour company, you can enjoy a comprehensive travel package which includes sightseeing, adventures, round-trip airfare, admissions to the most famous tourist places and much more. If you are staying in Kauai, the flight from there to Honolulu International Airport will take around 30 minutes. As you will reach the Honolulu International Airport, a professional tour guide can help you to know the history and legacy of the place. Book your Pearl Harbor tours from Kauai now and get ready to visit the most important historical site of the United States.
Pearl Harbor Visitor Center
Once you land at the Honolulu airport, Visitor Center is the first place you will be taken by the guide and thus will commence your Pearl Harbor adventure. You will be seeing a remarkable documentary with real footage showcasing the surprise attack on Pearl Harbor. You will get enough time to browse through educational displays and know about the way the attack unfolded on December 7, 1941. You can eat and recharge yourself at the food joints present here so that you can be ready for your trip ahead.
USS Arizona Memorial
Soon you will ride a US Navy launch in order to reach the USS Arizona memorial itself which is built upon the sunken remains of the ship. When you visit the USS Arizona Memorial, you will be able to see the remains of the ship under the surface of the water. You will also see the oil spill which continues to leak from the wreckage and is popularly called as “Black Tears”. The names of all 1,177 sailors and marines who lost their lives during the attacks are written here.
USS Missouri is going to be your next stop which was the last battleship that the US Navy built in 1944. People affectionately call it as the “Mighty Mo”. It was here on September 2, 1945, that the Japanese surrender took place.
City Tour and Punchbowl National Cemetery
Your guide will then drive you through Downtown Honolulu by recounting its history and the lifestyle of the people. A drive through Punchbowl National Cemetery which is also called as the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific will show you the number of people who were martyred while protecting the country.
You will still have plenty of time to visit the other breathtaking Hawaiian sites. This will incorporate the stately I`olani Palace which is the only royal palace on American soil, Kawaiahao Church, the State Library, and Archives. The 18-foot tall statue of King Kamehameha is hard to miss as well. Honolulu Hale (city hall) and the quaint Mission Houses will act like a cherry on top of your trip as it will come to an end.
Pearl Harbor Tour Highlights from Kauai
- Included airfare from Kauai to Oahu
- See the visitor center and USS Arizona Memorial!
- Board a Navy boat to visit the USS Missouri or the ‘Mighty Mo’ which was the last battleship that the US Navy built.
- Deck Tour of the USS Missouri and see the plaque on the wooden deck which marks the location where Japan surrendered.
- Ford Island Transportation
- USS Missouri Battleship (Adm. Incl.)
- Inter-Island Airfare from Lihue, Kauai
- Visit Oahu’s Pacific Historic Park
- Historic World War II Narration
- Documentary December 7th Attack
- USS Oklahoma Memorial
- Downtown Honolulu City Tour
- Iolani Palace and Kawaiahao Church
- Ali’iolani Hale & Hawaii State Capitol
- See the magnificent historic structures in downtown Honolulu.
- Visit the first Christian church in Hawaii called the Kawaiahao Church
- Punchbowl National Cemetery
- King Kamehameha the Great Statue
- Drive through Punchbowl National Cemetery and feel the tranquility
Things to Remember
- Any kind of bag that can conceal anything is not allowed entry at Pearl Harbor. However, you can keep the bags at Pearl Harbor entrance at minimal charges.
- As Hawaii is a sunny place, it is recommended that you wear sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses.
- Wear comfortable shoes, as you will need to do a lot of walking.
- Cameras and Camcorders are allowed.
It is going to be a highly informative and enjoyable experience for you and you will come back with fond memories and deeper insight of the American history. Enjoy Pearl Harbor tours from Kauai with your family and friends but don’t forget to pay respect to the brave soldiers who lost their lives during Pearl Harbor attack.